Friday, December 23, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

I usually get really excited about Christmas decorations, and this year was no different. The weekend after Thanksgiving, I gathered my goodies and set them out. I only use real Christmas trees so we were going to wait until a few weeks later to get our tree. Then Gus happened. Our four-legged friend took a distinct interest in the faux Christmas trees in the foyer of the complex and proceeded to break an ornament within the first 6 seconds of sniffing. I am not interested in any of my fave ornaments being broken by him so I made a compromise:

Brooke got this super cute metal swirl tree from Crate and Barrel so I rushed to get one. But they were out. And all over the state. And online. Wahhhh! So I headed to Pier 1 and found a smaller version:
I hung a few of my favorite ornaments on our make-shift Christmas tree. From top-to-bottom, left-to-right: 1) Pineapple from Williamsburg when we were at Katie's wedding. 1a) Can you see the hidden pickle? 2) Juliska ornament, gift from the Bartletts for our engagement. 3) Gold ball from Brooke. 4) Red ball from my mom's BFF, Lisa. 5) Christopher Radko UT ornament. 6) Round Top acorn ornament from "Winston." 7) Pink and green "e" ornament from the mommy. 8) Silver ball ornament from Randall's, no joke. 9) Christopher Radko Theta ornament. 10) Christopher Radko "Little Brown Bag" ornament from NYC.

Gus's first ornament! I know that the framed pic is of Winston but pictures of Gus are not here yet.

Our stockings on the "mantle!" I had the green and red stockings already and ordered a coordinating stocking for Gussies from Frontgate. I will have it monogrammed after Christmas. I wanted to be sure it would be here for Gus's first Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I'll post after the holidays too!

No comments:

Post a Comment