Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas x2

Merry post-Christmas! I hope everyone had a beautiful holiday!


We celebrate Christmas in several stages: big family, small family, couple family. Christmas Eve is always spent with all of the sisters (and their families) at my parents' house. The kiddos are too excited about presents so we start with that.


I got my first registry gift: Juliska plates!

I also got great gift cards and Christmas socks for next year.

Our tradition for Christmas Eve dinner stems from my dad's mom- stacked enchiladas. They are very easy to make and good for a crowd. You need:
Corn Tortillas
Red Enchilada Sauce
Green Enchilada Sauce
Ground Beef
Baked Chicken
Lettuce
Cheese
Pico de Gallo
Pretty much any topping you like on tacos

1. Cook your tortilla for about a minute in either sauce. 
2. Layer with meat. 
3. Cook another tortilla in either sauce.
4. Layer with meat.
5. Add your toppings.
Easy enough?

I worked Christmas Eve so after dinner, I headed to the hospital.

Christmas morning, I went back to my parents for Christmas #2. There, I got my second registry gift: Kitchen Aid Mixer with Ice Cream Maker attachment. So beautiful!

I also got some more gift cards and a Juliska service piece. 

We finished the morning eating breakfast while watching the Disney Christmas Parade. We all spent the day napping, snacking, playing Chicken Foot Dominos and enjoying our gifts. For dinner, we had beef tenderloin with yummy mashed potatoes with green beans. 

Later that night, Johnny and I exchanged our gifts. He got me a great Macy's gift card so I could choose something from the registry. I got him a wallet (brown, tri-fold, lots of pockets as requested), Vinturi wine stand, and an IOU for a new watch. The one he wanted was out of stock online and unable to be found in any stores, naturally. 

How can I forget the best Christmas present of all? Gus! Who knocked over my "Gus-proof" tree stand and broke 3 glass ornaments. But I still love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment