Monday, December 19, 2011

Adopt-a-Family

This year, my Wino Wednesday happy hour group participated in Houston Children's Charity's Adopt-a-Family for Christmas. My friend, Annie, put it together and I thought it was a wonderful idea! I was so touched by the generosity of our group that I decided I wanted to adopt a family of our own. I recruited my family to help.

I contacted Houston Children's Charity and we were given a family with 4 children, ages 7 months to 9 years. When the families apply to be adopted, they have to submit proof of income and government aid. My family brought in less than $400 a month, including government aid. I knew we had to do something great for the family! We are all so blessed and this is really the least we could do. 

After talking to the mom and finding out the kids' interests, we made a trip to Target and went a little crazy. I also went to CostCo and bought packs of diapers for the two still in diapers, as well as a Kroger gift card. We delivered the gifts this past weekend and it was so fun! The family was so appreciative and it felt so good to know they would have a good Christmas. I am definitely going to continue this every season and I encourage you to do the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment