Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Engagement Party!

This past weekend, my parents hosted an engagement party for us. We had a blast! I still had no camera (problem now solved, new camera arrived Monday!) so I am waiting on the Judy to upload her pics. Evan did a post about it so you can see some additional pics. 


We started the evening with tons of yummy appetizers and drinks. Story on the drinks: My mom and I went to Spec's on the Wednesday prior to place our order. They help you decide how much you need, order what you choose, and then they put it all together and chill the cold stuff. You can pick it up whenever you need. Naturally, we nominated Johnny to pick up the order and naturally he nominated me to go with him. When we got to Spec's on Friday and asked for help, the guy said, "Oh. Is this for that really big order?" Yes, yes it is.


For the food, we used Demeris Catering. Demeris is a Houston family that owns a BBQ restaurant and has expanded to large-scale catering. Our family has used them several times before for BBQ catering and this time we branched out to Pasta Alfredo with Chicken. I highly recommend Demeris. They are very easy to work with, always on time, polite, and bring tons of food! Yummy.


For dessert, we did a S'Mores bar. It was a hit! We had:
Graham Crackers: traditional honey flavor, cinnamon, and chocolate
Gingerbread Men Cookies
Chocolates: traditional Hershey's, Hershey's Cookies and Cream, Andes, Reece's peanut butter cups
Marshmallows


The worst part was individually unwrapping every. single. candy.


For the fire: I got a wee bit scared because we couldn't get it to light! (By "we" I mean Johnny, but I like to pretend that me standing 2 yards away giving my 2 cents was "helping.") We had 2 types of wood: 1. Given by a friend and 2. some that we bought from Kroger. "We" started with the donated wood and it (truly) was my suggestion to just use the Kroger wood and it lit! We had previously purchased camping skewers from Target to use. Everyone was able to make their own s'mores bar and it was so funny to see all of the combinations. 


The best part was that we had so many friends come! We had several out-of-town guests and that meant so much! We are blessed to be surrounded by such great people. I am looking forward to all of the festivities to follow!

1 comment:

  1. my goodness, Emmy... I love living vicariously through your wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete