Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Katie's Wedding in Williamsburg

My friend Katie got married in Williamsburg, Virginia two weekends ago. (I am just now catching up on my posts!) The parental units, the boy, and I headed out there for a fun and beautiful weekend. I have never been to that part of the east coast and it was so fun to get to see the colonial/historical area. Keep reading!


We flew out Friday into Richmond. We rented a car, and after 10 minutes of learning how to open the trunk, we drove to Williamsburg. The drive was super easy and pretty. That night, we went to eat dinner at a restaurant recommended by Katie and Austin (the groom) with my friend Charlotte and her mom. It was so neat! It is an old house converted into a restaurant. It is lit only by candles and the staff wears the time period garb. Fun!

Charlotte and me at dinner wearing the obligatory neck napkins.

The parental units

The next morning, we headed out to Jamestown. This is the site of the first successful settlement in America. We decided to take the guided tour. I have way more fun on tours like this than reading mind-numbing plaques.


We sat in one of the Indian tents while on our tour. This one reeked of animan hide, as you can assume from the pic.


Remake of where the colonials lived. Cold!

The ships that were recreated were amazing! They have actually been sailed along the east coast and one to Europe. 

At the wedding! It was held at Katie's parents' country club. 


Karen (bridesmaid and friend), Charlotte, and me at the wedding.


The cake was beautiful and delish

All the high school girls with the bride! The wedding was super fun and we had a blast!

Sunday, we all had late flights so we were looking to kill some time. On the drive to Richmond, there were several civil war battle sites we could check out. We went to the Seven Days Battles field at Gaines' Mill.

I am so happy to get to see this unique area of the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment