Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Texas Tech vs Baylor

This weekend, we headed to Dallas for the Texas Tech vs Baylor football game. It was held at the new Cowboy Stadium. Johnny had been before for a tour of the stadium and it was my first time. We had a blast! 


I worked Friday night so we hit the road as soon as I got home. Luckily, I slept the whole time while Johnny and his friend did the driving. We got to Dallas around noon and went to set up the tailgate. It. Was. Cold. The actual temperature was fine, but the crazy wind was just too much. The Tech people were used to it from their days in Lubbock, but I spent my college years warm and cozy in Austin.

Luckily, I had my blanket from the car ride up to keep me warm.

Cowboy Stadium was so HUGE and great. I had a really good time. There were about 20 of us sitting together so we were probably not our neighbor's favorite. We were told that because it was a Baylor home game, alcohol wouldn't be served. I thought that didn't sound right.


My only dislike was that they played the bands over the sound system. That is kind of the point of college bands, ya know? To be able to hear them on your own. 

Soooo, the game didn't turn out exactly how Johnny had hoped. Here is a glimpse of his misery. 
Thanks for the free hat, State Farm!

I love neutral-venue games! I am sure there are tons more in the future thanks to Mr. Jones!


No comments:

Post a Comment