Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Registering

I have recently been able to do one of the best parts of wedding planning: registering. I know that registering marrying your mate is the best part of a wedding, but getting to do some shopping is up there on the list. I love registries. I love looking at other people's registries. It is always so interesting to see what people have chosen.


I knew that my heaven, Williams-Sonoma, would be my first place to register. I think I decided that when I was about 15 years old. I love everything in the store. Johnny came along to Williams-Sonoma and Macys to help me pick out stuff. I know that this is about 100x more important to me than him, but I wanted to include him and I knew he'd like the registry gun. We just did the Crate and Barrel one online since I knew it would be short. It's weird, but for a split second, registering feels a little gluttonous. It's like, "Buy all of these things for me... NOW!" But then I got over it.


Here's the deal with each of my choices...


Williams-Sonoma:
Every kitchen gadget you can imagine. 
Macy's:
Good home stuff like serving platters, kitchen electronics, household electronics, luggage, etc.
Crate and Barrel:
I love their cheap glassware. The wine glasses we chose are literally $5 a piece. I really don't have that much on my registry there so I may just go and buy it myself and nix the registry. 
Neiman Marcus
Wow. My sister's friend, Brittany, is the manager of the home department at the Neiman's in Dallas (Northpark store). My mom, sister, and I made a field trip to go up there and make my registry with her. It was so fun! Brittany had it all set up for us when we got there and a list of what she thought I would want. She's so cute. We got to play with the choices, look at lots of different patterns and mix and match the favorites. I've had the Juliska dinnerware chosen for about 3 years. Brittany helped with coordinating the different pieces. For the china... I had another set chosen but was never 100% in love. When I saw this pattern from NM, I instantly loved it. I know it is more expensive than the other I had chosen, but I decided I would just spend the next dozen years getting one piece every few months. I put the pics below of the everyday dinnerware I chose as well as the china. I don't think the websites do them justice. 


Interesting fact: Dallas and Houston are the only stores in the country with a bridal consultant. 


Juliska


China

Final note: Johnny kept saying, "Are you ever going to use any of this stuff?" and "Where are we going to put it?" Answers: 1. Yes, I will use it all. I think I'll even do a blog series about using everything just to prove to the world that I needed it. 2. We will figure that out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment