Monday, November 14, 2011

Nutcracker Market

Nutcracker Market. Oh, the joy! The thought of it makes me smile. I purposely plan my work schedule to be off for it. 


Every year in Houston, there is a huge market to kick off the holiday season. It benefits the Houston Ballet, but I think that is the last thing on everyone's mind. There are (literally) hundreds of booths from all over selling their goods. They sell everything from home goods to Christmas decor to food. It is so fun! This year, we decided to have some breakfast at my house before heading up to Reliant. My mom, mom's BFF, sister, and sister's friend came over for some fuel. Here is the breakfast:


Coffee (of course)
Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Butter, baked in my pretty loaf pan
Healthy Egg Casserole from Kraft
Fruit


Once we got there, the "grown-ups" (my mom and Lisa) split from the "kids" (sister, sister's friend, and myself) so we could maneuver more easily. We all walked away with tons-o-stuff. My purchases:
1. Large monogrammed "S" cutting board for Johnny (pic in next post)
2. Large iron and wood cutting board (pic in next post) from Paul Michael
3. Black and sparkle dress from Lot 8
4. Cute, patterned Gift Boxes from It's a Wrap
5. Cross for my Cross Wall from Paul Michael


6. The Pewter Lady- I have a few of her things and have loved them. The pewter is oven to table and always so pretty. This year I added a casserole dish holder and deviled-egg tray to my collection

We decided that all of the good stuff is on the perimeter: Round Top, Paul Michael, and The Pewter Lady. It would take you days to see every booth so save yourself the trouble and keep to the edges. This reminds me, I need to check the dates for next year to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment