Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving with Friends

This past weekend we had the third annual Thanksgiving with Friends. This is one of my favorite things of the year. I have everyone over to my house to celebrate the season with a pre-Thanksgiving Feast. Every year, I make the turkey and some appetizers and everyone brings a side. It is a blast. 

This is the "S" cutting board I bought for Johnny at the Nutcracker Market. Don't tell him, but it was only $19.99. There is a similar one from Williams-Sonoma for $100. I win.


Some of my appetizers plus the table scape. The table scape is up all season. 


More appetizers with the Paul Michael iron and wood cutting board I was telling you about last post. I did mixed cheeses and crackers with Spiced Cranberry Dip. Tip: to make this dip, you need (literally) 4x the amount of cayenne recommended to taste the spice. I also made this yummy Spinach & Artichoke Dip (not pictured). 


My new turkey platter! I used to always borrow the Judy's. I think she was sick of me taking it so she bought me one for myself! 


The boys' job! Carving the turkey. I bit the bullet this year and bought the turkey lifters from Williams-Sonoma. Again, I used to just borrow my mom's. 


Finished product


All of our grub! Sorry it's a little blurry and that I have no more pics. I just got too excited and forgot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment