Monday, September 12, 2011

Room

Book of Choice

Room 
By: Emma Donoghue

Background:
This book was, again, recommended me to me by someone at work. Room is a story told by a 5 year old boy who is held captive with his mother by a bad guy. His mother was kidnapped as an 18 year old and little Jack was born 2 years later. His whole life has been lived in a small room in the back of the guy's house. 

First Thoughts:
I had heard it may get annoying to read the 5 year old's verbiage but I thought the author did a really good job showing the point of view of the young boy and adding adult conversation to break it up. 

Final Thoughts:
I loved this book. I read it in 2 days! Highly recommend.

PS This was my first "real" book to read since I got my Kindle. It was a nice change!

Addendum: I forgot to add this sooner... My only dislike of the book was the way it ended. It was one of those endings where I thought it was really just the end of a chapter and turned the page to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment