Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Proposal!

We're engaged! Here's the story... 

Background: I am an extreme planner. I want to know every detail of every event. When I asked him a million times what we were doing, what I should wear, etc., he kept saying, "You just need to go with the flow." 

Last Thursday, he sent me an email saying he won a trivia contest on one of the football message boards he frequents. Below is the letter. He told me I could pick what I wanted. I said either the tour or the koozie. Ha! PS- I couldn't figure out how to put a document on a post so here's a screen shot.


We went to Austin for the weekend to "visit his sister." We got in late Friday night and just went to dinner with his sister's family at Chuy's. Saturday, we got up, had breakfast, walked around their neighborhood, and then the two of us went to watch the Tech and Texas games. We ended up at a sports bar and watched the games with a billion other people. He told me we had to leave at 5:00 PM because he had a surprise. He said we were going on the tower tour he won. When we got there, they asked us to just hang out because they were waiting for a large group to show up. 10 minutes later they told us that the group didn't show so it would be the two of us alone. Below is us waiting:

When you go on the tour, they make you walk through a metal detector and Johnny went off! This was NOT supposed to happen. First, the person letting us through the metal detectors said really quickly, "Ohh let's just use the hand wand for him!" Then the guides at the end of the hall yelled at me to "come on down" to the elevator so Johnny could get frisked in private. Once we got to the top, they let us walk around the top and it was so pretty! We got lucky because we missed the rain by about 30 minutes. 


View of the south mall:

We made the loop and he stopped me, said all of these great things, and popped the question! Self-pic after: 

View of the ring. Every pic we took came out blurry! I saw a picture of a similar ring on the internet but never saw it in person. The ring on that website was not exactly what I wanted so we had someone make our ring with a few changes. Click here to see the inspiration ring. It came out perfectly! 

Another after pic! 


Where it happened

He had another surprise lined up for dinner but told me our reservations were not until 8:30 so we had an hour to kill. We went to Eddie V's for some celebratory drinks. I found my new favorite drink: ginger vodka, ginger ale, and lime. 

My surprise was dinner at the Vince Young Steakhouse! I had been dying to go there and even made a joke earlier in the day that he would never take me there. Johnny's friend knew one of the owners so Johnny let him in on the secret and they spoiled us all night. 

First, they treated us with yummy champagne. 

We started off the meal with a cheese plate and yummy salads. 

We both got steak and I had mine topped with Crab Oscar. 

Our surprise dessert! 



The meal was one of the best I've ever had. Highly recommend! 


Behind the scenes:
1. There was no large group we were waiting for. Johnny had purchased all of the tickets so we would have a private tour. 
2. Saturday afternoon, he packed a bag of my dress and my make-up so I could change before dinner. To get the bag to the car, he needed a distraction. He enlisted the help of his 6 year old niece, Avery. She took me to her room to show me her red coat. Random. 


The whole experience was amazing and perfect and I am so excited for everything to come! 

2 comments:

  1. Emily! Here's a little facebook stalking for you: I stumbled upon your blog when I was catching up on your life via facebook after seeing you were *engaged*! Congratulations sista! So happy for you and this exciting time of your life! I know it's been several years since we've even spoken, but as a fellow blogger, I just had to comment! I know how fun they are to get! I wanted to say that #1 I love your blog and I love how good you are at being diligent with it and keeping up with it because #2 ugh it can be so hard and annoying to keep up with at times! #3 i love love love your book posts and i pretty much skimmed through them all! i may have to copy your format in which you do it because it makes so much more sense and it's much simpler/easy to read. i am a lover of books just as it appears you are and i loved seeing your book analysis'. im not good about posting about my books often, so im inspired by you to be better. although, we do have such similar tastes, which is exciting! i have read so many of the same books you read and some of your faves have been mine too!! :) i hope you're doing well girl and it's sad to think about how long it's been!! congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete