Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad

I have been a major recipe slacker recently. This is because A) I haven't been home to cook and B) I haven't been home to cook. 


Here is a yummy summer recipe from my friend* at Skinny Taste. You may remember this site from the Asian Turkey Meatballs. I love looking at Skinny Taste for new, yummy recipes to try. Here goes!


Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Serves 4
Ingredients:

  • 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 Hass avocado, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, chopped (add the seeds for some kick)
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion (about 1/2 small red onion)
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
  • S&P to taste
1. In a skillet, cook the shrimp until pink and firm. We added Tony Chachere's for some more flavor. When done, allow to cool and chop into bite-sized pieces.

2. While the shrimp are cooling, combine the red onion, lime juice, olive oil, and S&P in a small bowl. Let marinate for at least 5 minutes.

3. In another bowl, combine the shrimp, tomato, avocado, and jalapeno.
  
4. When the onion mixture is ready, combine the contents of both bowls together. Top with cilantro and add S&P to taste.

You can serve over salad, tostada shells, or eat with chips!

For my birthday, the boy's parents gave me this Molcajete from WS along with some Guacamole Starter. Perfect side dish:


*We aren't really friends. I just like to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment