Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Julie & Julia

Book of Choice


Julie & Julia
By: Julie Powell


Background: I am sure you know of this movie (based on a book, based on a blog) from the Meryl Streep/Amy Adams on-screen performance. My mom had it DVRed at her house and we watched it together. Because we never had 2 hours at one time to sit and watch, it was broken into about 6 different parts, but I loved it! I decided to read the book during one of our movie breaks. 


First Thoughts: The book and the movie are completely different. Usually, when I watch a movie after reading a book (or vice versa), I feel like the two stories are pretty much the same. The movie spends about 1/2 the time covering the lives of Julie Powell and Julia Child. The book really doesn't get into Julia Child very much except for a few letters written by her husband. 


Final Thoughts: Mmmm I actually liked the movie better so maybe stick to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment