Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dallas

After the wedding festivities, we went to Johnny's college friend's house to stay the rest of the weekend. Chris (aka "Skinny") lives in DTown and was kind enough to let us shack up there. Sunday afternoon, we (the boy, me, Skinny and his gf Amanda) went to brunch at The Grape. Their burger was voted one of the best in the state by Texas Monthly. It did not disappoint. Beware: it is only served on Sundays! We napped, went poolside at the neighbors, and headed to the racetrack!


I have bet on horses before in Arkansas. While I cannot read one of those card things about the horse, I can bet on what the experts suggest. I actually won a race! $3.20... wooo hooooo!

Luckily, we had reserved seats inside so we didn't melt.

We had our 2nd fireworks display of the weekend at the end of the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment