Friday, August 19, 2011

Missy's Wedding

Slacker alert! I have had this post ready for awile now, I have just been too lazy to upload my pics...


My high school and college friend Missy got married at Grace Presbyterian with the reception following at Lakeside Country Club. The wedding was an absolute blast and it was so fun to get to see old friends and party it up.

I also had 2 amaze new experiences that I would like to share:
1. Rent the Runway
I saw an ad for this site in one of my magazines. The basic premise is as follows: You can rent nice dresses for a weekend and send them back. Easy as that. I searched through tons of dresses in the $50 rental fee category (they have dresses that rent for $150+). My friend at work finally picked the winner for me. When the dress got to my house, I LOVED it. It was so pretty and the fit was perfect. They have reviews on the site so you can see how it fits other girls and what they liked/disliked about the dress. If you are between sizes, they will even send you another size for free! The day it is due to return, you put the dress in the padded envelope they included and hand it to the person at the post office. They do the dry cleaning! I already have another dress ordered for a wedding later this month.
2. The Do Bar
This new hair studio in the West Ave shopping center is now my #2 heaven (Williams-Sonoma is #1). You go, get your hair washed and done, all the while enjoying a class of bubbly! Perfection.

On to the wedding!

Missy has a model's body so in this form-fitting dress, she looked like a million bucks!

The girls! You can see my dress and hair as described above! My hair looks a little ragged but it was cute otherwise.

Close up with bridesmaid Kathleen!



No comments:

Post a Comment