Thursday, May 26, 2011

Heart of the Matter

Book of Choice
Heart of the Matter
By: Emily Giffin

Background: I have read several of Emily Giffin's books: Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, and Love the One You're With. When my friend, Elizabeth, suggested Heart of the Matter, I was totally down. It was purchased and sent to my Kindle in 0.85 seconds.

First Thoughts: Heart of the Matter focuses on these two ladies: 1. Tessa, who is married to an important pediatric plastic surgeon and 2. Valerie, who is the mother to a 6 year old little boy named Charlie. The two women live in the same Boston suburb but do not know each other. I do not want to give anything away so all I can say is as follows: The book is about these two women and how their lives are smashed together after an accident one night.

Final Thoughts: This book was slightly addicting and, luckily, a quick read. I maybe cried once or twice. The book dives deep into these women's lives and shares their thoughts and feelings really well. It is really moving and makes you think twice about a couple of issues. Let's chat after you read this. I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment