Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Nurse's Week!

Happy Nurses Week! Well, it was last week but I have been really lazy at posting. 

I realize that a total of 2 nurses read this (the mommy and myself) but I wanted to give a shout out anyway. Johnson and Johnson has had several commercials I have seen recognizing nurses and that means the world to me! It is always nice to be recognized.

I work with sick and premature babies and have learned a lot about parents. Here are the highlights:
1. All they care about is dirty diapers. Their baby may be on a ventilator with 10 IV drips but all they want to know is if the baby went #2.
2. Parents know more than you do. Even though you have a college degree in the subject and are licensed by the state, they know more.
3. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people... It makes no sense. You'll have to take it up with the big guy upstairs.
4. For all of the pee/poop/breastmilk you have to deal with and for all of the long hours, nights, and holidays you work, people may think it can be tough. But you get to wear scrubs to work.
5. Working with babies is way better than working with adults because you get to say "pee" and "poop" and not sound like a child.

Even with all of that stuff, I love my job. I am so lucky to work with such great people at an amazing hospital. Lates.

No comments:

Post a Comment