Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tuna Steaks

In order to use some (one) of the ingredients I bought for the Asian Turkey Meatballs, I decided to make tuna steaks for a fancy date-night in. These are amazingly simple. I did some Benihana-style veggies for a side. Tuna steaks like this are pretty expensive so save them for a weekend fancy dinner.


Ingredients
  • Tuna steaks (I bought 1 1/2 pounds which was way too much! 1 pound should be good for 2 people)
  • Olive Oil
  • Soy Sauce
  • Garlic
  • Ginger
  • Zucchini
  • Mushrooms
  • Butter
  • S&P
  • Sesame Seeds
1. Marinate the tuna: Place the steaks in a plastic baggie. Coat with olive oil. Add some soy sauce, garlic and ginger. The boy doesn't like ginger so skip if you agree with him. But I def think you need to put the soy sauce and garlic. Keep in the fridge for a few hours.
2. I cook the veggies first because it only takes 0.5 seconds to cook the tuna. Melt some butter in a frying pan and saute the sliced mushrooms until golden brown. Set aside. I use butter for mushrooms because it just tastes better. 
3. Slice the zucchini. I used my mandolin so they would all be the same thickness and cook at the same rate. Add olive oil to the same pan you cooked the mushrooms in. Saute the zucchini until they have some spots of golden brown. Add some sesame seeds and stir a bit. Be careful, if you cook them too long, they will get mushy and loose all of their flavor. When finished, mix with the mushrooms.
4. Cook the tuna. We like it seared so cook for about 90 seconds on each side. 
5. Enjoy your romantic date-night in!



No comments:

Post a Comment