Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bright Young Things

New series alert! My sister, Dawn, as previously mentioned, has introduced me to another wonderful series. 
Bright Young Things
By: Anna Godbersen

Background: This author has another series (The Luxe) that I have also read. They are both time-period series about a group of young girls and their adventures. The Luxe is set during the turn of the century featuring Manhattan upper society. Bright Young Things is set during the roaring twenties. 

First Thoughts: I loved The Luxe series! The books are written so that you feel like you are there. They are very descriptive of the girls, their houses, their clothes, etc. So obvi I was very excited to read Bright Young Things. This book, specifically, is about two young girls who move from the mid-west to chase their dreams in Manhattan. One girl searches for her long-lost father, while her BFF tries her hand as a showgirl. 

Final Thoughts: These books have a very Gossip Girl feel, and I dig that. The book has a lot of life. There is fun, drama, love, murder, and lots of twists and turns. They are fun to read, nothing too deep. I am so excited for the next book in the series!  

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh these books have me written all over them! I will definitely look them up once I finish The Lost Symbol!

    ReplyDelete