Friday, March 11, 2011

Mockingjay

Today's Book:
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


Background: Mockingjay is the final installment of the wildly popular, 3-book series, Hunger Games. My sister, Brooke, recommended this after her 6th grade students went crazy for it. Yes, I said 6th grade, as in 12 year olds. While I could summarize all of the books for you, I choose not to. This is because I am being lazy and this is my fourth blog post to write today. Ok? Ok. However, I'll be nice and give you a BRIEF summary of the 1400 or so pages I have read of this series: This chick named Katniss becomes the face of a rebellion against her country's dictatorship. The end. 

First Thoughts: The first book in the series was amazing! I loved it. I read it over my trip to New Orleans with the family. The second book was good, but not as good as the first. I was nervie about reading the last book because I didn't want to be let down.


Final Thoughts: I was NOT let down. I think this one may have been my favorite. If you like series, this is a good one to choose. It's a Times Bestseller so I'm not the only one who likes teenager lit. My only problem with the books is that it can be hard to follow her descriptions when she is talking about battles, fights, fleeing and the sort. Good book to read, and worth the buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment