Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Things of the Fall: Lubbock

The boy, Johnny, and I took a trip to Lubbock to watch the UT/Tech game in September. That was back when we actually thought UT had a chance to be good... big mistake. Anywho, we met up with a bunch of his friends and had a blast! We started the weekend staying with his sister Natalie, her husband Kyle, and their two children Zachary and Avery. They are such a great family! I am glad we were able to spend time with them over the weekend. 


Next, we headed to Chimy's. Chimy's is the go-to bar in Lubbock and when speaking of it, you are required to say "Chimy's doooooood (dude)" in an "I'm such a cool frat member" voice.

We later went to dinner with friends and out to the other obligatory Tech bars. Warning: The city of Lubbock has no cabs. We flew in so we didn't have a car. We were lucky enough to bum rides off of people and steal a spot in the one licensed cab the city has to offer. I'm 98% sure the cabbie was fired due to turning off his radio after the pirating. See Cricket's below: (Thanks for the dress Charlotte!)

We woke up the morning of the game and headed to tailgate. It was so fun to run into Fort Worth friends Jennifer and Emily! 

Johnny and his #1 lover Andrew ended up in more pics than me...

The stadium was so pretty and the weather was beautiful! (Don't tell Johnny I said that)

Our bet for the game was that the losing fan has to pay the way to the game next year. Johnny has already said that it was actually the winning fan so I'm going to have to pull out the tape recorder I have constantly going to prove him wrong. 

At least I was able to be excited about one game! Here's to next year: hook 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment