Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Abbey and Jennifer Visit!

A few weekends ago, two of my college BFFs came into town to hang out. Abbey, Jennifer and I were in the same sorority in college (Think Theta! Just kidding.) We try to get together as often as possible. We've hit LA, Vegas, Dallas, Austin... Jennifer bailed on our Europe trip or else I could say that too. 

To get the weekend started, I had some baked brie and champagne ready for the girls. I love my Pampered Chef cheese board! 


That night we headed to Max's Wine Dive for dinner. Jennifer and I had the shrimp and grits while Abbey got the fried chicken salad. For dessert we had mac&cheese.


Abbey was really happy about our food. Later that night we went out with my sister for her birthday.


The next morning, we headed to Lankford Grocery for lunch. Johnny had been before but the rest of us had not. Let's discuss: they make a burger with macaroni and cheese on it. Yes, ON IT. It was amazing. This weekend, take your family and head to midtown for the Grim Burger. Warning: it is only open for lunch and it is closed on Sundays.


Saturday night, we went to a Tacky Christmas Sweater pub crawl for one of Johnny's friend's Jack. Jennifer didn't really understand the meaning of "tacky Christmas sweater" but that is a lesson for another day.


Hmmmmmm


Abbey had a LOT of fun. I am so excited for our next trip!

1 comment:

  1. I am having a LOT of fun in that picture... Can't WAIT to add more to this soon... What's next... your birthday? Must exploit the fact that I'm in this country for a while.

    ReplyDelete