Monday, December 27, 2010

Brooke's Bday: Melting Pot

In my family, you get to choose your birthday dinner restaurant every year. (Unless you are my mom and me because we have to share one dinner- Thanks Dad!) My sister, Brooke, always chooses Melting Pot. I cannot say that I mind, it is delish! If you have never been, you must do the four-course Big Night Out meal: cheese fondue, salad, meat fondue, and finally chocolate fondue. My personal favorites are Wisconsin and Swiss Cheese, Coq au Vin for the meat, and the Flaming Turtle chocolate. It is such a fun experience! The wait staff prepares each fondue at your table, serves the accompanying dippers (veggies, bread, meat, dessert), and you get to have at it. It takes some skill to master the dipping, but I believe in you. The first pic shows the cheese course being made. I am drooling just thinking about it.


Birthday girl with her special dessert dippers!


Special birthday plate


The "flame" of the Flaming Turtle. Apparently the waitress has done this a time or two because she (correctly) told me my pic would turn out better with the flash off. I think it looks pretty sweet (Pun. Intended.)


The family+boy posing after dinner. This was Johnny's first time at Melting Pot and I hope he is now as obsessed as my family is.

No comments:

Post a Comment