Monday, December 27, 2010

Lights in the Heights

One of my favorite times of year is, of course, Christmas season. With all of the parties, family time, and shopping, it can get really busy! In my list of top 3 things to do during the holidays is attend Lights in the Heights. It is basically a big holiday street party held by my neighborhood association. A section of streets is blocked off so people can wander. I went last year and was totally unprepared! I left my house thinking I would just be cruising the neighborhood looking at some pretty decorated houses. Wow, I was wrong. It was a full-on Mardi Gras-type party. There are a TON of people, drinks, bands, and it turns out to be a great time!

This year, I knew I needed to make a bigger deal of LITH. Friday night we attended the First Annual Allen Christmas Party. Saturday, it was time for the street festival. I had people over beforehand for drinks and appetizers. I don't have any pics from my house before the party- I need to do a better job of taking pictures all around! Here we go... 


There were about 15 of us walking the streets of the festival. Evan got her sister to temporarily donate her sons' wagon so we'd have a drink carrier (aka genius!)


I think this next pic does a good job of showing a typical stop along the way. There was a group playing bagpipes and a crowd who stopped to enjoy the show.


Group shot with our favorite accessory: the wagon!


Trey and Annie dancing to one of the bands.


So excited Kathleen is back in town!


My mom has decided that she will bring her group of friends next year so it will be a huge turn out. If you're around the second Saturday in December, head on over!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I could contribute to the party. At least I was there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, maybe your mom's BFF and I can share a glass of wine! :)

    ReplyDelete