Monday, October 17, 2011

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Series

I have about 10 blogs to do about my trip so I'll start with the shortest! The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Series. It would be redundant for me to blog about each book so I'll do one quickie one. I started book #1 before the trip and finished the final book the day I got back. We had some down-time in Spain while Abbey was working so Jennifer and I spent that time reading. 
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl Who Played With Fire

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nets
All by: Stieg Larsson

Background:
I had heard lots about this series. I heard the first book could be hard to get into and that the characters could be confusing. BUT, I heard it was worth it. 

First Thoughts:
Everyone was right about it being hard to get into. The first book focuses a lot on Swedish economy and random stuff that I had no clue about. Once I hit page #150 or so, I breezed through all three books. The characters all had Swedish names so I was a big lost. Even after reading all of the books, I still don't think I know all of them!

Final Thoughts:
I loved this series. It focuses on 2 characters that carry though all three of the books. Mikael is a reporter who finds himself researching a 50 year old crime with the help of a young anti-social girl named Lisbeth. It can be a little intense (I heard the movies were even more so) but it was great. I highly recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment