Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tuscany Part 2

Saturday, our plan was to head to this cute little town called San Gimignano and then to Florence. It was Abbey's birthday so we needed to start the day with some Prosecco.

San Gimignano's cute streets

Look-out over the town

We saw a wedding in town!

My favorite part of the town was the Tuscan ceramics. I fell in love! We found this amazing shop that had hundreds of ceramics. You weren't allowed to take pics or I would have a million. The ceramics are a bit pricy and I had next-to no room in my luggage so I bought the essentials: olive oil container, pasta forks, and a (non-pictured) Christmas ornament.

Off to Florence! 
First Gelato stop of the trip

Fake David statue

In front of the Ponte Vecchio

We all got friendship necklaces with our names

Showing off our necklaces!

Close-up of the Ponte Vecchio

We needed a drink! And free Wi-Fi!

Golden Doors at the Baptistery

The Duomo

That evening we went to a delicious dinner at Abbey's favorite Florence restaurant, 13 Gobbi

Cute interior

Birthday Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment