Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pizza Paninis

The boy has been dreaming of making these Pizza Paninis for awhile now. This was totally his doing so I have to give all of the credit to him. I have been so proud of myself for using the panini press as often as I have. I hate when cool gadgets like this get stuffed into a back cabinet never to be seen from again. Here goes to our yummy lunch!


Pizza Panini 


Ingredients

  • Any type of crunchy bread
  • Pomodoro sauce or marinara sauce (I found the pomodoro in the fresh salsa area)
  • Pepperoni
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese 
  • Chopped basil
  • Olive oil
1. Slice the bread and layer with pomodoro sauce, pepperoni, cheese, and basil. Drizzle with olive oil. 
2. Spray the panini press with cooking spray and slap the sandwiches on the grill. As you can see, Johnny over-stuffed the sandwiches to make his "man-wiches." Hilar...
3. Grill until the cheese is melted and the center is warm.
4. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea Emmy Lee!! That pizza bread looks scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete