Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Onion Dip

I love football! However, this past Sunday marked my last day of football for seven months. Sad, sad day. For the Super Bowl, we were invited to a friend's house to celebrate. I wanted to bring a hot dip but I was worried about it sitting out and getting cold. I searched online for cold dips and found one from Food Network. It was from a generic recipe list with no contributing author, so I hope I am not infringing on someone's copyright! Can recipes be copyrighted? Johnny did about 95% of the work because I had worked the night before and was too tired. Thanks doll! Let us go for it:


Onion Dip


Ingredients

  • one yellow onion
  • one red onion
  • 1 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup mayo
  • chopped chives
  • chopped green onions (1/2 of a bundle)
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • S&P
1. Chop the yellow and red onion. It is a ton of onions and (warning!) it will make your eyes water like crazy. 
2. Saute in olive oil over medium heat. The recipe said 30 minutes. I stopped at 20 minutes. Looking back, it could have been sauteed less to add some more bite to the dip. Try 15!
3. Chop the chives and green onions.
4. Mix the onions, chives, green onions, sour cream, and mayo. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. 
5. Enjoy with Triscuits or Wheat Thins. My one pretty serving dish was left at a friend's house, so pretend this is a cute bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment