Friday, January 13, 2012

Salmon with Brussel Sprouts

I wanted to share this quick and easy recipe that is perfect for weeknight cooking. This recipe is a great one for just 2 people as well. Enjoy!

Salmon:
I buy the fresh salmon from the fish market at HEB. Their fish is always yummy. I layered on a lemon-dill sauce I bought from HEB and baked per instruction. It usually turns out to be 15-ish minutes on 425. The trick is to put a rack 1/3 from the top of the oven. I also make salmon with just mustard on top. Cannot be easier.

Brussels Sprouts:
I have never made these before and I was a little nervous. I love them but was unsure if Johnny did. I texted him as I walked into the store asking him how he felt about them. Since he was busy at work and didn't respond, he lost his chance to say no. Sorry! I adapted this recipe from Food Network's recipe here.
(Recipe made for 2)
1 10-oz package of brussels sprouts 
4 strips of bacon (to hide the taste of the veggie from Johnny)
Salt and Pepper
1. Trim the root end and cut each sprout in half
2. Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, cook in a medium skillet, set aside
3. Add the brussels sprouts to the skillet, saute for a few minutes, add S&P
4. Combine the bacon pieces and brussels sprouts in an oven-safe dish, bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment