Friday, January 13, 2012

Misty's Shower

My cousin's wife is pregnant with their first baby (a boy!) so we threw her a shower last weekend. Please remember, I use the term "cousin" loosely in my family. I think Misty is actually my second cousin, once removed, in-law? Anywho, we are related. Moving on! 


The shower was held at my mom's house and my sister, another "cousin" (who happens to work for a wedding planner), and I were in charge of the decor. The baby's room will be rock-and-roll theme so we did the shower to match. I think it turned out so cute!


Sign-in book. I love this idea for all showers. I used it here. The party-planning cousin had these flowers made at Central Market with the baby blocks. I am so using that idea in the future. One says "D+M" for the mommy and daddy Dustin and Misty. The other is "1-2-3." I went Hobby Lobby creative on this shower and made the picture frame. It currently holds the shower invite but will hopefully hold a pic of baby Colton one day!


The Mantle! I copied the clothes-line idea from another shower. I love the decorations that are also gifts on display. The 2 guitar prints were from her registry and I made the "C" for Colton. She used the "C" in some maternity pics that turned out really cute.


Close up of the mantle flowers:


This was my first attempt at a diaper cake. I am kind-of proud of myself. I looked up a video on YouTube of how to do it and it is actually super easy. Time consuming, but easy. I think I used 110 diapers. 

And finally... My favorite shower dessert: Crave Cupcakes. We, again, matched the theme with music notes, baby bottles, and strollers. Crave always makes beautiful cupcakes and they are super easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Can't wait to meet the little one in about 8 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment