Monday, January 10, 2011

Beth's Wedding

My lovely sister, Beth, got married this weekend! (Background: I am the youngest of 4 girls. Beth is #2) She married a great guy named Fred that my family adores.

They had an intimate wedding in the garden room of a neat restaurant in Houston, Baba Yega. We started with some family pics. Because everyone lives in Houston, we are able to get together all of the time. However, it's usually casual gatherings and photo opportunities are limited. Since everyone was dressed up, I took advantage!

The Mommy and the Daddy

Mommy, Emily, Brooke, Dad

Emily and Brooke

The boy and me

4 Girls: Dawn, Beth (the bride), Emily and Brooke

Beth had a florist make center pieces for the tables. She said her cats would eat them if she took them home so I got to take one. Win!

Saying their vows.

For dinner, they had a HUGE spread of food (that I neglected to take a picture of) and it was amazing. I want to go back ASAP for another meal. Apparently they have a great Sunday brunch so check it out if you live close.

They also had a variety of cakes that were made by Baba Yega. Delish!

Fred is a crazy good Scrabble player. He plays in tournaments and does very well! You do NOT want to play this guy on Words with Friends. Beth's friend made these wedding favors in homage to Fred. Each baggie had 4 Scrabble letters that spelled out a wedding-theme word. It was so neat! She even put magnets on the back so you could put them on your fridge. I took "V-O-W-S" for a scrapbook page and kept "L-O-V-E" for my fridge.


Congrats to the newlyweds!

1 comment:

  1. First time I've ever seen a picture of all four of you ladies :) So excited for Beth and the scrabble wedding presents were SUPER cute!! Congrats on your new BIL (brother-in-law... see how I just did that? improv acronyms).

    ReplyDelete